22 April 2008

Recycling Gets a Facelift

Count on the girls of Minta to make recycling more attractive. First Floor RA Lindsay Koenig decided it was time to take action and increase the amount of recycling on her hall. In her own words:
"I thought maybe it was because people would throw away their bottles and cans along with the rest of their trash in their personal trash cans, and then not feel like sorting out the recyclables when they went to empty their trash into the large trash bins in the hallway.

So I counted the recyclables that went out last week- there were 68. Then I provided each of the rooms on my hall with a small trash can specifically for their recyclables, so they could be sorted out as they were used. In addition, I posted a few signs to remind everyone to recycle. I just counted the recyclables for this week, and there were 140- we more than doubled our recycling rate."

Check out the bulletin board Lindsay made to educate her residents (Buildings & Grounds, maybe you should take note):



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay is an awesome RA!